Two Great Drinks to finish off your Summer!
I recently discovered two refreshing but absolutely delicious drink recipes for any perfect summer brunch or occasion! One of my favorite drinks I find myself gravitating towards in summer is a iced matcha latte! I love the unique flavor matcha gives, so I decided I wanted to spice up any ordinary iced matcha latte. Rather then keeping it plain jane, I have been testing and recreating various flavors within the drink where I have come up with a lavender and honey infused iced matcha latte! I can't stop drinking this! It's the perfect combination of floral, sweet and creamy. Honestly, the addiction is becoming worse! A hint of lavender, mixed with honey, seriously can make one heck of a drink! Another favorite summer drink of mine is a iced green tea! Though the drink is spectacular on it's own I came up with a iced mint and nectarine green tea! Sounds delicious, right? The only difference between the two is my recipe has pureed nectarine for it's wonderful flavor and sweetness, and mint to give the drink it's delicious and unique flavor. All I can really say for both recipes are that these are hands down the best and most flavorsome drinks summer has to offer!
Iced Lavender and Honey Matcha Latte
- 4 cups of Almond milk ( Regular milk can be used, Almond milk is optional)
- 1 cup of ice
- 6 tablespoons of Matcha powder
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 2 lavender stems (with flower buds)
- In a bowl, add four cups of any milk of choice, and the buds from one lavender stem. Cover bowl with serene wrap and Refrigerate for 1-2 hours in order to let the lavender buds to infuse the liquid. The longer you refrigerate, the stronger the lavender flavor will become.
- Once the Milk is done in the fridge, uncover and strain the milk into a separate bowl in order to separate the flower buds from the milk.
- In the same bowl, mix to combine the Matcha powder, vanilla extract, and honey with the milk.
- Add 1/2 cup of ice into each glass, and pour the mixture equally into both. Garnish with a Lavender bud and a lemon peel but serve immediately.
Iced Nectarine and Mint Green Tea
- 6 Green tea bags
- 6 cups of water
- 4 Nectarines (chopped)
- 2 cups of ice
- 1 stem of Mint leaves
- squeeze of a lemon
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- In a pot add the 6 cups of water, along with 6 tea bags and bring to a boil. Once water comes to a boil, simmer it on low for five minutes and set the tea aside to cool down completely once done
- In a blender or food processor, add the chopped nectarines, a splash of water to allow the fruit to blend easier, honey, and a squeeze of lemon. Begin to blend until the fruit is pureed and is a smooth consistency.
- Add the Nectarine puree to the cooled down tea, and stir until the puree is mixed in with the tea completely.
- Into a pitcher add the ice, and green tea nectarine mixture and stir until combined.
- Add a stem's worth of mint leaves into the Iced Tea and serve immediately or keep cool in the fridge until you're ready to serve!